A few pointers that should help you in your automation:
- Make sure the setup is rock solid. Use the SampleTest provided in this article to test out the setup before you proceed with your automation.
- Use Id/Accessibility Id/Name/ClassName/Predicate String to locate elements, your test will run very fast. Avoid absolute and relative xpaths.
- If you are using real device and app is not installed then only that you need is a .app file for testing your app.
- Close the Appium session(quit driver) when your test is over.
- Use Appium inspector to get locators of elements.
By: Govinda Raj www.coviam.com